People who love animals were each separately doing things in our community of Galt to aid animals in need. Some were dealing with feral cats, some raising funds for veterinary and food needs, some aiding in recognition of animal welfare in Galt, some matching homeless animals with homes, some giving clean up and grooming to street animals in need. We had met each other several times and even knew each other. That started the idea that we could do so much more by pooling our resources and ideas. A non-profit 501(c)(3) was formed November 3, 2016 to enable tax deductible donations to assist the animals. We now work as a team.
To bring assistance to the at-risk animals of Galt in the form of veterinary services including spay/neuter, vaccinations, microchipping, injury and illness treatment and more. We help other organizations with common goals. We reach out to the community to render assistance with animal problems in the form of education, transport, food, and other goods to keep animals in their forever homes.
Our Core Values
- Place healthy companion animals in appropriate homes.
- Companion animals improve the health and welfare of human individuals and the community.
- Animals and people deserve respect and compassion.
- Euthanizing healthy, adoptable animals is heartbreaking and unnecessary in a well- managed population.
- Recognized and effective veterinary and fiscal practices are necessary to improve the pet overpopulation problem.
- Humane education in the community is a cornerstone to achieving support and kind treatment of companion animals and organizations that assist them.
Achieve a community where every companion animal has a loving home. Animals are maintained in healthy condition and human/animal matches are in the best interest of both. Pet overpopulation and animal cruelty no longer exists.